Monday, November 2, 2009

And we're off.....................!!!!!!!!


Can you believe it? Here we are in November, and the beginning of the Holiday Season! Time to start planning parties, compiling menus, and decorating the house. Things are going to be a bit different for me this year, as I won't have free reign over my own schedule. So, planning will be of the essence! All of the kids will be here for Thanksgiving, so I'll have help, and it will be so much fun! My daughters have turned into quite the little chefs, and it makes this Mama so proud!

Now, as far as decorating. I like to do a gorgeous, large arrangement on my bar. The ceiling height is perfect for it, and I can go all out. However, it needs to be affordable!!! Fall is the perfect time to incorporate some lovely fall dried arrangements that will last until December or beyond. I have a very large vase that I use. I love Bittersweet! The orange and red and brown tones remind me of a crisp autumn day! It lasts forever, and you don't need to add water to the vase. I fold some inside the vase and add a few mini gourds and pumpkins. Then, I add more to the top to make a beautiful display! Simple, easy, and it always gets tons of compliments!

It's also time to start THINKING about your menu. I print off recipes that seem delicious and special and in a few weeks I will narrow it down to the final selection. I have cooked my turkey dozens of different ways, but I always go back to a brining technique. That's the one that is the moistest, and the way the family prefers our turkey. Whether you are going to cook the whole meal, or just take a dish to your celebration, I'll try to have some of the best recipes and ideas right here!

Oh! And as you are out and about, pick up a few items to give as hostess gifts for your parties! We had a delicious sour cream coffee cake by Just Desserts at the store, in the frozen section! Moistest damn coffee cake you ever ate! I grabbed 2 to give to a couple of my gal friends that love to cluck and gossip over coffee in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment