Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gourmet Shoes with a Blackberry Cabernet Reduction


Ok. Not really shoes, but this recipe is so good that you could do it with a shoe and it would be awesome. I used a venison tenderloin, but beef, veal, lamb, bison, yak,anything at all would be just as delicious.

And I cheated.

Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a sautee pan. In a small bowl add a lot of chopped up garlic, coarsely cracked pepper, some kosher salt and a few tablespoons of olive oil. Mix it up and then press the paste into a venison tenderloin, some beef, or whatever. Like I said, even a shoe. Place the meat into the sizzling butter and sear on both sides. Remove from the heat and place in an oven proof pan. Place it in the oven for 8-10 minutes. You want your meat rare.

In the meantime add a few minced shallots to your butter in the sautee pan. Throw in a bit more cracked pepper. Now, add some red wine. About 1/2 cup. Bring it to a boil and reduce by 1/2. While it is reducing throw in some blackberries. Mush them up. Yum. Holler over to your husband that the apocolypse is coming, to get ready! Now add a package of DEMI GLACE GOLD. You can find this at an upscale grocery store. If you can't, order it online or call me and I will send you some. Whisk it in until smooth, then add about 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 1/4 cup of port wine. Stir in some parsley if you want. I didn't because I didn't have any. My bad. Pour over the rare venison, (or your shoe) and serve with roasted vegetables, and some fingerling potatoes roasted in rosemary, cracked pepper, sea salt and duck fat. You'll never miss the parsley. Trust me.

I know that lots of my friends and family are hunters, and this will blow your socks off. Unless you are wearing a pair of designer shoes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment