Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pig Candy



I'm heading out to Jackson tomorrow for the 28th Annual Million Queen March! Jill has some crazy stuff planned, and I have to keep reminding myself that I do it all for the children. Last year I wrestled in Jello wearing a puppy costume. Don't ask. Anyway, I get to see my darling grandchildren, and my daughter is going to Jackson with me! I guess she thinks I need a chaperone........

So, in honor of George, and the Sweet Potato Queens, I am going to post the recipe for Pig Candy. We will be having it served to us by the butt load on Sunday morning! This is like crack. I'm warning ya.

PIG CANDY

Lay out some foil on a cookie sheet. This is because you don't want to end up scrubbing the damn thing for a week. Place wire racks on top of it. Lay strips of bacon on the racks. Cover completely with brown sugar. Sprinkle pecans on top. If you are daring add a pinch of cayenne to it. Bake at 375 until crispy. And don't blame me if you eat the whole damn thing yourself and have to make another batch.

Blame Jill.

No comments:

Post a Comment