Monday, March 22, 2010

My Oh My...Chicken Pot Pie!


Needing some comfort food tonight. I am so exhausted after this past weekend. HAPPY, but exhausted! Came home to find my husband and an empty fridge. He had eaten the last frozen casserole and Hot Pocket. I could see that he needed some comfort food, and a good smelling kitchen asap. Dug around and came up with some yummy stuff for a chicken pot pie! Fast, easy, and delicious!

CHICKEN POT PIE

Cut up 2-3 boneless chicken breasts. Sautee them in about 3/4 stick of butter. Add some chopped onion, some roasted garlic, some chopped carrots. Sautee for about 10 minutes. Add some frozen veggies. I added a Tuscan mix of green beans, corn, broccoli, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Sautee 2-3 more minutes. Sprinkle with about 1//3 cup of flour. Add some cream, or milk, or half and half. Whatever ya got. A splash of white wine is good, too. Stir until it makes a white gravy and add salt, pepper, and some thyme.

Put a store bought pie crust into a deep dish pie plate. Pour in the chicken mixture. Put a pie crust lid on it. Vent the top and place on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for 40 minutes or so.

Fast easy and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Or, just a husband pleaser. Mine is grinnin' like a mule eatin' sawbriars right now. Or maybe he's grinnin' because he missed me. ;)

2 comments:

  1. made it! it's sitting on the counter daring me to eat it. We didn't have white wine, but I did have some home made sherry from about 1998.....omg that is some creamy smooth stuff! The pot pie project was almost aborted as we praised ourselves and sipped that fabulous sherry. We'll see about the chicken pie after a bit, right now I need to feet up a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO happy y'all liked it! The sherry sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete