Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tid Bits


Ok. Update. I am trying out for Gordon Ramsay's show on Sunday. Ix-Nay the duck breast and the blackberry reduction with the mashed sweet potatoes and the corn macheaux. Took way too long to plate and it just didn't hit me, as far as visually. The taste was wonderful, but I cannot compromise that in the plating and the time that it will take to keep it all warm.

Plan B. Still doing the oyster chowder, but adding a fried oyster salad to the plate. Cool romaine with a delicious anchovy parmesan dressing and homemade croutons. Crisp fried cajun oysters placed on top along with a few strips of roasted red bell pepper.

Above is a pic of the chowder and how I am going to serve it. Pic of the completed deal will come this weekend! Keep your eyes and your legs crossed for me!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't like oysters but that looks so good! Where are you going to be doing this? Can people come watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to lick my computer monitor! You go girl...if they don't pick you they are missing the big prize in many ways.

    ReplyDelete