Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pappardelli ...OMG!!!!


Tonight I created a masterpiece. In 30 minutes. I saw a picture of a pasta dish on this months edition of Bon Appetite. My mind began swirling (without a glass of wine) and I just had to make it tonight. I didn't use a recipe, but came up with this myownself. Goot Gawd Almighty......I should patent this shit.

Spring Pappardelli

In a large cast iron dutch oven brown 8 strips of peppered bacon and a jar of anchovies with it's oil. Add about 1/4 cup of good olive oil to the pan. Get it hot. Add 6 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped. 3 shallots, a bunch of fresh asparagus tips, 1 cup of fresh English peas,a quarter of a yellow bell pepper, a quarter of a green bell pepper, 1 cup of fresh sun dried tomatoes, and a cup of mushrooms. I used clamshells because they are so delicate and delicious. Saute until tender...about 10-15 minutes. Squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon over it.

While you were doing this you should have boiled a large pot of water with salt and olive oil added. Cook your pappardelli until al dente.

Add about a cup of pasta water to the veggie mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Drain the pasta and put in a large bowl. Add the veggie mixture and toss. Garnish with parmesan cheese.

Good Gawd Miss Molly. Simple. Delicious. Inexpensive. Winner Winner, Italian Spring Dinner.

Wine is optional......but not at my house. I chose a Pinot Grigio.

No comments:

Post a Comment